Insurance & Payment Information
As a community-based provider Rocky Mountain Cancer Centers is able to bill our services cost effectively, resulting in savings for our patients, our payers and employer groups.
Insurance Plans We Accept
Many payers offer multiple plans so we encourage you to call your insurance company to confirm Rocky Mountain Cancer Centers’ participation in your specific plan prior to your first appointment.
Your insurance coverage may also require Rocky Mountain Cancer Centers to collect co-pays and/or deductibles at each office visit as well as potentially at chemotherapy or radiation treatments. Due to federal laws, as well as our individual contracts with the insurance carriers we are prohibited from waiving these fees. If you have an office visit co-pay for a specialist, you will be expected to pay that amount at the time of service. We accept cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
- Anthem BCBS Colorado
- Apostrophe Health
- Bright Health
- First Health
- Friday Health (Colorado Choice)
- *Kaiser (depending on market)
- New West Physicians
- Rocky Mountain Health Plans
- United Healthcare
How RMCC Works With You
- We provide verification and review of your insurance benefits.
- If your plan requires an initial referral from a Primary Care Physician (PCP), we will assist in obtaining that referral prior to your visit. The referral will contain the dates of service and number of visits authorized. We will also request any follow-up referrals needed.
- If your plan requires prior authorization for special services and/or treatments (i.e. chemotherapy, radiation), we will obtain these referrals on your behalf.
- We will provide you with an estimate of your financial responsibility.
- We will give you information on financial assistance options that may be available from a wide variety of local and national resources.
- For your convenience you can pay online through our website. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
- A monthly statement is sent detailing any balance activity (new charges, adjustments and payments from insurance, etc). We accept check, Visa and MasterCard as well as Discover and American Express.
- With a signed Assignment of Benefits (AOB) in place, we will bill your primary insurance carrier. As a courtesy, we will also bill your secondary carrier as long as we have a signed AOB.
For our Medicare patients: Effective June, 1, 2004 Medicare requires us to report the supervising physician of the day on all our claims. Your insurance company’s explanation of benefits (EOB) for that day’s services could possibly reflect the name of a physician other than your treating oncologist in the event he or she was not the supervising physician the day of your chemotherapy treatment.
How You Work With RMCC
- Please bring your current health insurance identification card to all appointments.
- You are responsible for ensuring we have your most current health insurance and billing information. We ask that you notify us either in person, via phone or via mail anytime you have a change in your information. If you lose insurance coverage, please notify us immediately.
- Co-pays are expected at each office visit and may also apply to chemotherapy or radiation treatments. We accept cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
- Payments for deductibles and balances not paid by insurance are your responsibility. We accept cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.